My Carpet Cleaner Review: Hoover SteamVac Carpet Cleaner with Clean Surge
After reviewing the features and customer satisfaction ratings of the available carpet cleaners, I am strongly recommending that you purchase the Hoover SteamVac Carpet Cleaner with Clean Surge. Simply put, the Hoover Steam Vac (or Hoover Steam Vacuum) is a high quality, powerful, and nice-looking (blue colored) carpet cleaner that is extremely popular because it does a great job in cleaning carpets, rugs, upholstery, and non-hardwood bare floors (e.g., tile). I have been very pleased with my Hoover SteamVac and I think you will be too!
Features of the Hoover SteamVac Carpet Cleaner That You Will Like
1. Powerful - The Hoover SteamVac is powered by a 12 ampere (120 volt) electric motor that provides you with plenty of deep cleaning and water removing power. The trigger on the handle allows us to release carpet cleaning detergent and hot tap water on to the surface (e.g., carpet, rug) that you want to clean.
2. 5 Rotating Brushes – This steam vacuum has 5 spinning brushes which agitate the carpet fibers and help lift out the dirt and grime in your carpets. In addition, there is a 3-speed brushroll control that you can use to adjust the speed of the spinning brushes. Normally, you will use the HIGH speed for normal carpet cleaning, the LOW speed for your gentler cleaning needs, and OFF for picking up liquid spills. These 5 brushes can also be easily removed (popped out) for easy rinsing/cleaning and then can be easily reinserted.
3. Clean Surge Control – This great feature (a button on the SteamVac’s handle) allows you to use your fingertip to apply extra detergent to bad stains and heavy traffic areas to help remove extra tough dirt and grime.
4. 20 Foot Electrical Cord – This carpet cleaner comes with a 20 foot electrical cord which allows you to clean a sizable area before you have to re-plug your carpet cleaner into a different electrical outlet.
5. Heated Drying Feature – The Hoover SteamVac has a heated drying feature that applies heat to the floor which helps speed the drying time.
6. SpinScrub Powered Hand Tool – This hand held tool is attached to a 8 foot stretch hose and allows you to clean stairs, upholstery, and particularly difficult stains.
7. Good Tank Size – The clean water tank can hold up to 133 ounces (a little over 1 gallon) of water which is a nice size. Doesn’t make the steam vacuum too heavy as you push it around but holds enough water that you are not continually having to refill it with new water.
8. Warranty – The Hoover SteamVac comes with a 1 year limited warranty.
8. Easy to Hold Handle – The Hoover SteamVac has a comfort grip handle which is comfortable to hold and push.
Things To Be Aware Of
1. This steam vacuum does not really produce steam so when filling the water tank use very hot tap water if possible. The hotter water will produce better cleaning results.
2. The Hoover SteamVac comes with a 16 ounce bottle of Hoover cleaning detergent. You will need to use about 5-6 ounces of detergent for each tank full of hot tap water. I recommend that you go ahead and purchase additional Hoover cleaning detergent (that is 1 or 2 gallons) at the same time you order the Hoover SteamVac.
3. When assembling (you will need a screwdriver) the SteamVac for the first time, read the assembly instructions completely and be sure and do the one time set up procedure of squeezing the trigger on the handle and pushing the CleanSurge button on the handle to lock the CleanSurge rod in place. This will help keep your SteamVac from leaking.
4. If you plan to clean non-hardwood bare floors, you can purchase a bare floor attachment separately. It costs less than $10, but based on its customer reviews, I would not recommend that you purchase one.
Amazon customers who had purchased this Hoover SteamVac Carpet Cleaner awarded it 4.4 out of a possible 5 stars. This is a very good rating considering almost 2,000 customers submitted reviews on this product. Here are some examples of the many, many favorable comments:
“I had just moved into a new home last summer, the carpets had gone from good to horrible looking within a 1 yr. time span. I have pets & live in a log home, which is prone to a lot of dust. When I used this machine, I had expectations, with doing research on Consumer Reports, and cross matching the various Steam Cleaning Machines available. This machine far exceeded my expectations. For the ease of care to the cleaning. I will never pay for any carpet service, now that I have my Hoover…I absolutely recommend this machine to anyone that wants to save money on carpet cleaning services, and have an efficient, fantastic easy to care for machine. it gets 10 stars out of 10 for.”
“I have used a friend’s Bissel in the past and didn’t like the results. I then began using a rented Rug Doctor carpet cleaner. It was just too much work to clean all the carpets in my house in 24 hours. Plus, with 4 kids and 2 dogs, I really needed something I could use when the messes appear! (And renting a steam cleaner every 3 months just isn’t fun.) I decided to try the Hoover SteamVac.
When I opened the box, I was a little overwhelmed. I stared at the pieces for a few moments, grabbed the instruction book, and decided to just go for it. It actually didn’t take long to put the steamvac together. It just looked intimidating. (Something about an electric appliance that uses water and comes with screws and bolts for assembly made me nervous.)
The SteamVac was extremely easy to use. It has 3 brush speed settings (and I love the multiple horizontal spinning brushes). I had read that this cleaner was slow, but I actually found it to be quicker than other cleaners. It took me about a third of the time as the rented steam cleaner for the same results. The floor was also much dryer after using the SteamVac than the rented cleaner and the Bissel.
I would absolutely recommend this steam cleaner. It is affordable, easy to use, and cleans well.”
“This is an amazingly effective machine. I have a number of wool area rugs all over the house. We got a new puppy. Hence the need for a SteamVac. This machine is soooooo easy to use. Filling and emptying the tanks is logical and quick. And using the SteamVac is just like vacuuming. The tanks are large enough to clean at least two 8×10 carpets. The amount of dirt that comes out of my carpets is astonishing… the water I dump into the sink is black. And I thought I kept a really clean house! The carpets look so fresh after I clean them. And I’ve found they dry within 12 hours. Couldn’t be happier!”
“First time I have ordered anything on line…I was worried. I did not need to be. I read all comments on this product before I brought it. It came in a strong box with no damage. I read the instructions very carefully. It did a beautiful job..I have two large dogs…have not cleaned carpets in a year…they look brand new. I saved $50.00 over the lowest price I found in retail. Shipping was free. I also read all the comments on Bissel…I believe I selected the best steam vac.”
“I have used the Hoover on my living room and dining room and I can say that I am very impressed with the results of this machine. It removed ink from our carpet without any problem. The drying was done in about 45 minutes and the best thing is that I have this great carpet cleaner at my finger tips whenever I need it. No more calling the carpet cleaning guys and spending $99 each time. This carpet cleaner will save me plenty of money over the years. Highly recommended.”
Click here to read additional customer reviews.
You can purchase the Hoover SteamVac on Amazon. Presently, Amazon is selling this electric snow thrower for about $145, which is a 19% savings from this carpet cleaner’s normal list price of $179.99. This is an very good price to pay for this very popular carpet cleaner. Click here to obtain information on the Hoover SteamVac Carpet Cleaner on Amazon.